Privacy of All Users
Those who access ronfaciane.com are not required to register to visit the site. Users of who wish to comment on articles or who wish to receive email newsletters must register in order to post comments, receive newsletters, etc. During registration the user is required to supply a user name and an email address. Registered users will be provided with a password.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- I will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified and for other compatible purposes, unless I obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- I will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- I will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- I will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. (NOTE: I will never knowingly sell, forward or distribute names, contact information or email addresses for any reason.)
- I will make readily available to registered users all information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
I am committed to conducting site interactions and other communication in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Privacy of Children
This site is not intended for children under the age of 13. I am committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and I encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Because this is a personal blog site, the content of the site may at times include commentary, data, links and other content that describes current events that could be considered inappropriate for younger children. I am not responsible for privacy policies to linked resources outside of ronfaciane.com.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), I will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.